Do you have a question about storage?
For answers to our frequently asked questions about storage, please read below.
Need further help? Send us your question or speak to a member of our store team who will happily assist you.
Frequently asked questions
- A do-it-yourself storage solution with no long-term commitments.
- Your own storage space away from your home or business that can be used to keep your possessions secure.
- Our Additional Services Packs can provide you with a tailor made storage solution giving you the flexibility to access your storage area at your convenience.
- Whether a business or a domestic customer you are able to upsize or downsize your storage requirement in a flexible manner.
Security is our top priority. Security features include:
- A unique pin code system to gain access to the building so that everyone entering is identified.
- CCTV widely used outside and inside the building.
- Staffed reception between 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Saturday.
- All storage units are individually alarmed and monitored 24/7.
- Our storage unit size guide gives you an estimate of how the sizes differ and how much space you might need. Storage units in our facility range from a 9 sq.ft locker up to a 500 sq.ft bulk storage area so there is plenty of choice.
- Our storage units are typically at least 8 ft high (except the 9 sq.ft lockers) so if you store your possessions efficiently, such as turning settees on their side, you may need less floorspace than you imagine.
- Either visit the store or phone our friendly, well-trained store team on 023 8225 0022 and they’ll be able to give you the good idea of the storage area you might need or obtain a quote online.
Reserving with us is simple. There are three ways to reserve a storage unit:
- In store during our reception opening hours which are 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Saturday. Please note that our reception is not staffed on Sundays or Bank Holidays.
- By phoning our friendly, well-trained store team on 023 8225 0022.
- Use our Get a Quote for the size you need and reserve online.
We do not require a reservation fee. If your storage needs change before you commence storing then simply let us know.
- This is not a problem. Simply speak to a member of our friendly store team and they will help you choose the right size storage area to meet your needs.
- There is no charge for amending the reservation and you will only be charged for the storage area that you occupy.
- Storing with us is flexible and you can switch your reservation to a larger or smaller storage area to meet your current needs. In this way you never have to pay for surplus space that you no longer need.
- If you find that you no longer need to store, simply call us before the expiry date on 02382 225022 and we will cancel your reservation straightaway. If your move in date is delayed, no problem – we can change to a date that suits you.
- The best way to pay is by setting up a hassle free direct debit – no security deposit needed.
- If you choose to pay using an alternative method, we require a security deposit equal to our four weekly charge. Our acceptable payment methods are:
- Direct debit
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Please be advised that cash and cheques are not acceptable payment methods.
- The security deposit held is fully refundable provided there is no damage to the storage unit after you have vacated.
- You only ever pay for the amount of space you need, so the smaller the unit you occupy the less you pay.
- To help you choose the right solution for your storage needs, our size guide gives you an approximate indication of how the sizes differ.
- Call our friendly expert team on 023 8225 0022 who will be happy to provide you with a quotation that best suits your storage needs.
- All quotations provided for your storage requirement include VAT.
- Storage charges are made four weekly in advance.
- We will let you know upfront all the costs that will be involved with your storage before you move in.
- There are four constituent costs to consider upon arrival at the store.
- Your refundable security deposit
- Your storage charges
- Your insurance requirements
- A cylinder lock to secure your storage area (if you don’t already own one)
- The right to occupy the storage area and have unlimited access to it between 9.00am to 5.30pm every day.
- Should you need to access your storage area outside of reception hours, our Additional Services Packs can be purchased and will allow you the flexibility to come and go at a time best for you.
- Insurance and cylinder locks are not included in the quoted price.
- You will need to set up a storage account to gain access to the storage areas generally and to your storage unit.
- You will need to come into the store during our reception opening hours which are Monday to Saturday 9.00am to 5.30pm.
- Please bring the following with you to set up a storage account:
- Photo ID which can be either a valid passport or a full driving licence
- Proof of address which can be a paper utility bill or a bank statement from within the last three months.
- Means of payment for the required deposit plus your first four week’s storage charges in advance. If you are paying by direct debit, no security deposit is required. For all other payment methods, the deposit will be equal to four week’s storage charges.
- You will need a cylinder lock to secure your storage area and can be purchased in-store if you do not have your own.
- An alternative contact name address and telephone number.
- Insurance details. Should you already have a policy that covers your goods for the same risks as our policy covers whilst in storage, then you will need to provide a letter from your insurance provider. Otherwise we can provide you with our own affordable insurance cover; simply ask our friendly store team for a quote.
- The security of your goods is an important consideration and we are not able to store your possessions unless you have a home contents insurance policy that extends to covering your goods for the same risks as our policy covers whilst in storage.
- We will need a letter from your insurance provider to confirm that the policy cover is acceptable. It is a requirement that we need a copy of the policy cover either before or on the day of setting up your storage agreement with us.
- Alternatively, we can arrange a new for old insurance cover for a full range of risks that is approved by the Self Storage Association. The cost of the cover will depend on the declared value of your possessions.
All of the following perils are required to be covered while your goods are stored in our storage facility without exception:
- Aircraft or articles dropped from them
- Burst or leaking pipes
- Ingress of water or other liquid
- Insect or vermin
- Theft accompanied by forcible or violent entry to or exit from the building or from your unit
- Civil commotion
- Malicious damage
- Impact by vehicles
We require that the sum insured represents a true estimate of the value of the goods to be stored and that the goods to be stored are covered on a new for old basis.
- Our minimum stay for domestic customers is only two weeks. You can store for shorter than this but you’ll still need to pay for the two weeks.
- There is no upper limit on how long you can store with us. If you’re planning to store for a long time, then please speak to our friendly store team who will tailor an attractive deal to suit your circumstances.
- If you are a domestic customer, then you will need to give us 14 days written notice before you wish to vacate your storage unit.
- If you are a business customer then you will need to give us 28 written days notice.
- An email sent to our store giving notice to vacate your storage unit is acceptable.
There are only a few things you cannot store with us:
- Food or perishable goods unless securely packed or protected
- Birds, fish, animals or any other living creatures
- Combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as: gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents
- Firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition
- Chemicals, radioactive materials or biological agents
- Toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature
- Any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour
- Any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained, including counterfeit goods, illicit (smuggled/counterfeit) tobacco, illicit alcohol, unlicensed medicines, unsafe goods (including toys, electrical items, cosmetics, fireworks)
- Compressed gases
- Goods which are environmentally harmful or that are a risk to the property of any person
- Items which are irreplaceable, such as currency, jewellery, furs, deeds, paintings, works of art and items of personal sentimental value
- You can set up a storage agreement so that others may have access to your storage area.
- For other individuals to be able to access your storage unit, they will need to be named on your account and you need to give them access to your pin codes and cylinder lock key. This can be set up prior to you moving in.
- It may be possible for an electric socket to be provided in your storage area. Where it is possible to install an electric socket, some items are prohibited from use, such as heaters, kettles and loud equipment. All equipment must be available for PAT testing once a year.
- Where an electric socket can be installed, the cost of installation and ongoing electricity usage will be the responsibility of the customer.
- We have links to van hire companies who are based locally, and our friendly store team can help you organise your van hire needs.
- The store team can also assist you by recommending local van and man services.
Quick contact form